“As Director of We Believe in Israel, I travel the country meeting people who care deeply about Israel and Israelis. Every day they are faced with a new reality where the tone and tactics of people who dislike Israel has become increasingly unpleasant and bullying.
This goes way beyond campaigning for peace or for the rights of the Palestinians. It has become an attack on Israel’s right to exist and the right of the Jewish people to self-determination. It often then becomes an attack on the individuals themselves who care about Israel who are then victimised and intimidated just for their point of view. I have heard so many of these harrowing stories that I thought it only right that we give those people a voice so they can share their stories and realise that they are not alone.”
– Luke Akehurst, Director, We Believe in Israel
The purpose of this website is to expose the ideology, motives, and tactics and strategy of groups in the UK that are seeking to delegitimise Israel. We define delegitimisation below:
Delegitimisation includes saying Israel does not have a right to exist or was created illegally, the Jewish people do not have a right to self-determination and that Zionism is an intrinsically racist ideology.
Examples of delegitimisation activity are as follows:
• Making analogies with apartheid and colonialism
• Encouraging boycotts
• Launching an isolationist policy towards Israel through divestment and sanctions
• Promoting “lawfare” to make Israel a pariah state in international bodies
• Denial of Israel’s right to security
• Portrayal of Israel as a criminal state
• Denial of Jewish history and connection to the land of Israel
Basic Info/ Who we are
This website is a project of We Believe In Israel.
You can sign up to our mailing list and view our main website here: